The International Conference on Atomic Physics
The 27th International Conference on Atomic Physics, ICAP 2020, will be held from July 19 – 24, 2020 in Toronto, Canada. The meeting features invited presentations on cutting-edge research in the field of atomic, molecular, and optical physics. Contributed poster presentations from all participants are warmly welcomed (The abstract submission portal opens on 1 April 2020 will be open until 1 June 2020). Topics of the meeting will include
- Properties and dynamics of neutral or charged atoms and molecules
- Many-body physics of quantum gases
- Quantum computation and communication
- Quantum simulation
- Fundamental tests and precision measurements
- Quantum optics in both AMO systems and beyond, such as superconducting qubits
- Intense fields and ultrafast science
- Rydberg and artificial atoms and molecules
- Atomic clocks and quantum metrology
- Cold molecules
- Out-of-equilibrium quantum systems
- Applications of AMO physics to technology
Registration and conference-rate hotel reservations are available now! You must register first if you need an invitation letter: see this page for more information on travel visas. We strongly encourage anyone requiring a travel visa to register by April 1st and submit their visa application to Canadian Immigration by April 15.
The ICAP summer school, addressed to early Ph.D. students and researchers new to AMO physics, will run the previous week (13 – 17 July 2020) at the University of Waterloo.