The main venue for ICAP-27 is the Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM), at 273 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario. Poster sessions will be held at at Hart House (7 Hart House Circle), which less than 10 minutes' walk from the RCM into the University of Toronto Campus. [see ICAP-27 Map]
The closest airports are Toronto Pearson (YYZ) and the Billy Bishop island airport (YTO).
If you are driving to ICAP, parking information can be found here.
Delegates are welcome to find their own lodging in Toronto: the following options are provided only for convenience.
Several accommodation options will be available from the registration web site. These include
The Yorkville Royal Sonesta Hotel (across the street from the RCM) (15 June booking deadline)SOLD OUT.
- Kimpton Saint George (350m / 5min walk from the RCM) (31 May booking deadline)
- Marriott Downtown at CF Toronto Eaton Centre (2.3km / 27min walk from the RCM) (2 June booking deadline)
A map of these hotels and the conference venue can be seen here. Current room prices range between $219CAD and $289CAD per night plus taxes (17.52%). Although your accommodation will not be charged during the registration process, you will be asked to provide a credit card to secure your hotel booking.
On-campus dormitory-style accommodations (typically with shared washrooms, and some without air conditioning) may also be available at the Colleges and residences on the University of Toronto St. George campus:
- Victoria University has three buildings that are currently available, with rates that range from $79.50 to $113 per night (plus taxes). All rooms have A/C. Apply here.
- New College Residence may be available for booking in mid-May (update soon).
- Massey College runs a summer residence program. Rates include breakfast, but rooms do not have air conditioning.
- To investigate further options, start here. [Note that some colleges do not seem to be an option for ICAP-ers: University College residences are at capacity; Innis, Knox, and Wycliffe Colleges do not offer bookings less than 30 days.]
The University maintains a list of Toronto-Area Hotel and Hostels, however the usual search engines are of course more complete.
A rail line called the Union-Pearson Express (UP) connects the Pearson Airport (YYZ) to downtown Toronto. A one-way trip cost roughly $10 CAD. Union Station (25 minutes' ride) is the simplest transfer station in order to get to any of the conference hotels. To purchase a ticket, either visit upexpress.com or buy a PRESTO transit card at the airport station. If you buy a PRESTO card, you will have to pay a fee for the card, but then you can use this card for public transit in Toronto, including the subways, street cars, and buses.
Both taxis and ride-share companies are licensed to operate at both airports.